At First United Methodist Church of Battle Creek, we strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and his ministry, and to honor the Methodist tradition of social justice. We therefore welcome all of God’s children regardless of race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, marital status, political or theological perspective, ability, or other differences that can create barriers between people. We celebrate diversity as it brings us to a closer relationship with God.
Sunday Service Times
For the month of August the 9:00 am service will be held in the parking lot. That service will be broadcast on 93.3 fm so that you can safely worship from your car.
The governor has issued an executive order to limit the number of people at an indoor gatherings to 10 people. Even though churches are legally exempt from the order The Bishop is asking all United Methodist Churches in Michigan to abide by it.
Pastor Sue, the chair of the Trustees, and the chair of the Church Council met this morning, July 31, via a phone call and decided to cancel the 11 am service for the next two weeks. The Worship Team meets on Aug. 11th and it will be decided then where to go from here.
Bedrock Beliefs of First United Methodist Church
1. God the Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer is always with us.
2. God loves us and calls us to love one another in Christ.
3. God is worthy of our worship and praise.
4. God’s grace is free.
5. God meets us in prayer.
6. God gifts us for the work of ministry.
7. God can bring good out of difficult circumstances.
8. Jesus Christ promises us eternal life
Core Values of First United Methodist Church
1. Be joyfully welcoming and inviting to all
2. Be relevant to community needs in service to others through action and prayer
3. Be growing spiritually through learning, teaching and worshiping to become more like Jesus
10:00 am – 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Closed on Fridays.
*Closed for lunch between 12:30-1:30 pm
Phone: 269.963.5567/ Fax: 269.963.6899
Pastoral Care: 517.667.8414
To contact the church please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pastor Sue.
111 East Michigan Avenue, Battle Creek, MI 49014
Now you can make a donation directly to the church using PayPal! Use the link below to make your donation: