At First United Methodist Church of Battle Creek, we strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and his ministry, and to honor the Methodist tradition of social justice. We therefore welcome all of God’s children regardless of race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, marital status, political or theological perspective, ability, or other differences that can create barriers between people. We celebrate diversity as it brings us to a closer relationship with God.
Core Values and Bedrock Beliefs
Core Values of First United Methodist Church
- Be joyfully welcoming and inviting to all
- Be relevant to community needs in service to others through action and prayer
- Be growing spiritually through learning, teaching and worshipping to become more like Jesus
Bedrock Beliefs of First United Methodist Church
- God the Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer is always with us.
- God loves us and call us to love one another in Christ.
- God is worthy of our worship and praise.
- God’s grace is free.
- God meets us in prayer.
- God gifts us for the work of ministry.
- God can bring good out of difficult circumstances.
- Jesus Christ promises us eternal life.
9am – Praise Worship Service
11am – Traditional Worship Service
Now you can make a donation directly to the church using PayPal! Use the link below to make your donation: